пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

by in listen love still tyra




I just had a three-day vacation in Las Vegas last weekend, and I already feel like I need another one. Except this time, I might actually be able to relax.

Iapos;ve really been stressing lately. Everyone has been getting under my skin for doing things that, two weeks ago, I would just let slide as stupid, petty shit not worth thinking about. Itapos;s hard for me to explain, but the people who annoy me the most are the predictable ones. So when someone does something which I know they would do, even though I did my best to prevent them from doing it without screaming, Hey fucktard, donapos;t do what youapos;re about to do, it just serves to piss me off even more. Part of me sees it as stupidity, even though it has nothing to do with intelligence. If anything, intelligent, rational people are more predictable, not less.

But anyway, small things are starting to get to me, which just serves to piss me off more, starting a vicious cycle of pissed-offed-ness which can only resolve itself in a brilliant explosion of misplaced rage and aggression. Nah. Iapos;ll probably just make some really sarcastic comments during meetings.

Which reminds me - yesterday I had two meetings with two different clients. During the first one, I made some offhand comments about singing telegrams and flying penguins, and by the time the meeting was over, I had received several rather dubious accolades along the lines of, "Youapos;re on fire today", and "You should quit this job and do stand-up" Five minutes into my second meeting with the second client, I had her laughing so hard she actually thanked me for making her laugh, as apparently she was having a bad day.

And today I received an email from someone, recently promoted to a rather senior position in the company, that he wanted to appoint me as "Minister of Humour". True story.

Growing up, I do not recall ever being thought of as even remotely funny or witty or even generally amiable. Iapos;ve always thought of myself as very sarcastic, rather cynical, and entirely too smart-mouthed for my own good. I guess as you get older, those qualities slowly become less annoying and more endearing. Maybe it just took a while for the rest of the world to catch up to the amount of world-weariness required to appreciate my blatant apathy or loathing for pretty much anything and everything.

In all seriousness, Iapos;ve been pretty fucking stressed out and tired lately. Iapos;m proud of my accomplishments at work, but lately Iapos;ve been feeling like the lack of any traction anywhere else in my life is leaving me feeling pretty drained.
by in listen love still tyra, by in live lyric sky t.i, by in live lyric sky ti.



Комментариев нет: